In general, SUPERVALU’s giving decisions are focused on three areas where we believe we can make the greatest impact:
We support organizations providing comprehensive hunger relief programming or food banks seeking capacity-building operating funds. Please note: food donations are made directly to Feeding America's Fresh Rescue program for local distribution.
Dietary Health and Nutrition
We fund organizations promoting nutrition education and maintaining a healthy lifestyle through diet.
SUPERVALU is committed to environmental stewardship and sustainable operations and will support local sustainability efforts.
SUPERVALU will generally not support:
- Organizations located outside the markets we serve
- Third-party requests on behalf of another organization
- Fees for conferences, seminars or travel
- Advertising requests (including printed programs)
- Family or individual emergency relief
- Individual/team fundraising
- Travel and/or academic research
- Fees for participation in athletic or other competitive programs
- Fraternal or labor organizations
- Parties, ceremonies or memorials
- Lobbying or political initiatives
- Religious organizations (for religious programs)
- Organizations (or specific programs) that receive more than 30% of their funding from the United Way
- School field trips
- Workforce readiness programs
Product/gift card donations are handled at the store level. If you are seeking such a donation for a community or fundraising event, please speak to the store director at one of our banner locations near you:
SHOP 'N SAVE
Applying organizations must have been granted 501(c)(3) status by the Internal Revenue Service. Special consideration is given to organizations with which SUPERVALU employees are actively involved, provided the organization's main mission falls within the general focus areas above.
The request must:
- Include the organization's federal 501(c)(3) designation letter (charities with 501(c) designations other than (3) are not eligible for support)
- Include a signed and dated IRS W-9
Our donation request process is now entirely online. Due to the amount of requests we receive, regrettably printed material, faxes and e-mailed donation requests will not be reviewed; we are also unable to respond to exploratory inquiries.
How to Apply
Our donation request process is now entirely online. Before you submit your application, please have the following documents ready for upload in PDF format:
- A scanned copy of your most current IRS 501(c)(3) certificate
- A scanned copy of a signed and recently dated IRS W-9