To help you initiate your relationship with SUPERVALU®, we suggest that you do the following:
- Log in to www.supervalu.com click Supply Chain
- Upload all requested documents
- Upon receipt of completed registration, vendor will be contacted requesting additional information if necessary
- Business proposal should also be sent with product samples, if applicable.
- Vendor will be contacted within 30 to 60 days after proposal has been reviewed.
- All suppliers must be certified 51% US owned and operated by a minority,woman or other diverse group and operated by a woman or minority group
- (African American, Native American, Hispanic, Asian, GLBT, Veterans, Disabled
- Vendors must have a clear understanding of their product.
- Vendors must consistently support their product and/or service through terms of agreement.
- Vendors must provide certification and liability insurance.
- Vendors must update and maintain all registration and certification records periodically.
Retail Sale Information:
- Does your product have the required Universal Product Code (UPC) number for scanning, billing and inventory purposes from the Uniform Code Council? (937) 435-3870
- Most food products for retail sales require a nutritional facts label. Please check with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for more information on labeling requirements and exemptions.
1-888-INFO-FDA (1-888-463-6332). Specifically for food items, the following site will provide you an in-depth look at a sample label www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/fdnewlab.html
- NAICS is a unique, all-new system for classifying business establishments. It is the first economic classification system to be constructed based on a single economic concept. Economic units that use like processes to produce goods or services are grouped together. This "production-oriented" system means that statistical agencies in the United States will produce data that can be used for measuring productivity, unit labor costs and the capital intensity of production; constructing input-output relationships; and estimating employment-output relationships and other such statistics that require that inputs and outputs be used together.
http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/epcd/srchna... (type in your category)
You'll be asked to upload and mail any materials you have regarding your product or service. Once we receive your initial information, we will evaluate and have the proper individual(s) contact you.